When it comes to the best convertible car seats, it is not possible to find one from just one car dealership. A good convertible car seat is associated with several various features. These days, families spend a lot of time driving in their cars, regardless of where they are going.
It is not difficult to understand the need for a convertible car seat; you just need it for safety. It is important to have a safe and comfy convertible seat for your child for him/her to enjoy the happiness of long/short drives.
Right now, our main focus is to find the top ten best convertible car seats for small cars. Well, we have what you need. Following is a list of the ten best convertible car seats appropriate for small cars.
A convertible car seat serves only one purpose – the safety of a child. There are a lot of convertible car seats available, specially designed for small cars, but we can never make sure which one is the right choice for us.
But, with a little effort, we have selected some of the top ten convertible car seat models that are not just feature-filled, but also budget-friendly.
Other than that, we also interviewed a couple of parents who also use convertible car seats to make their babies feel safe and comfortable during car rides.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Convertible Car Seats for Small Cars in 2021
- 1. Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat
- 2. Cybex Sirona M Sensor-Safe 2.0 Car Seat
- 3. Maxi-Cosi Magellan 5-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 4. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
- 5. Britax Frontier Clicktight Combination Harness- 2-Booster Car Seat
- 6. Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
- 7. Eddie Baur XRS 65 Convertible Car Seat
- 8. Disney APT Convertible Car Seat
- 9. Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat Featuring RapidRemove
- 10. Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
- Buyers Guide of Convertible Car Seat for Small Cars
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Convertible Car Seats for Small Cars in 2021
The list of car seat models reviewed in this content is also recommended by parents. Each of these convertible car seat models is ideal for small cars, and they make sure that your child is seated comfortably and never feels restless.
The quality, technology, features, add-ons, foam, manufacture’s area, each and everything about the below-mentioned products will suit your requirements best.
1. Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat
If you are all about budget-friendly, comfortable, and easy to use convertible seats, then the Evenflo Maestro Booster car seat is the best one. This car seat is appropriate for parents who travel a lot.
This car seat can only hold a child that is between 28-50 inches. It is easily convertible through the 5-point harness feature to fix the belt mode. You can even adjust the tightness of the belt from the front button.
The seat cover can be washed easily if any stains get on it. The Evenflo convertible seat also contains cup holders where your kiddo can keep toys, snacks, drinks, etc, everything will be available for your child.
- It is a two-in-one convertible seat for small cars
- With the LATCH feature, the users can install and uninstall the car seat easily.
- It is built from quality foam. It contains two cup holders
- The Evenflo Maestro Booster convertible car seat is also available in three unique colors.
- Reasonably priced
- Two cup holders
- Made in the USA
- Triple layers of foam
- Four belt slots
- It is difficult to install the LATCH
- The harness straps can be a bit rough for the kid
- Not easy to the headrest
2. Cybex Sirona M Sensor-Safe 2.0 Car Seat
If you are looking for a car seat that contains stunning features and offers maximum protection for your child? Then yes, the Cybex Sirona M Sensor-Safe 2.0 Car eat what you need. Thanks to the chest clip feature, you can know when your child is facing difficulty while seating through the SensorSafe 2.0 Application.
The Linear Side Impact Protection function collects the power of the side-influence crash. As your child grows, you can also adjust the headrest positions to make sure your baby is seated comfortably no matter how to hold he/she is. The Sirona M convertible car seat is only appropriate for kids who are between 5-60 pounds.
- The Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 contains advanced seating technology.
- The Sirona M SensorSafe 2.0 received an award of the title “Baby Tech Award 2018 for child safety”.
- Smart SensorSafe mechanism
- EPS power-absorbing foam
- Comfortable and soft
- Quality finish and fit
- Large, wide, and bulky
- Does not contain a steel-reinforced structure
3. Maxi-Cosi Magellan 5-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
The best part about the Maxi-Cosi Magellan 5-in-1 convertible car seat is that it is best for every stage your child is going through. This convertible car seat can easily seat children who are less than 5-120 pounds.
The developers have used quality elements in every part of the seat to make it extra comfortable and easy to use for your kiddo. You will be surprised to know that the Maxi-Cosi Magellan 5-in-1 Convertible car seat contains the air-protect influence feature.
Your child can be protected instantly from any situation. This convertible car seat guarantees comfort and safety, plus it is best for your small car.
- The seat covers are easily washable and dryable as well.
- This convertible car seat contains the torso side influence safety feature.
- One can easily transform the convertible car seat with the help of the Hide-Away belt feature.
- Contains two cup holders which can easily be removed and attached safely.
- Provides comfort for all sizes
- Contains cup holders
- Offers a lot of room
- Contains easy-to-clean fabric
- Becomes warm in seconds
- Sometimes uncomfortable
4. Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
If you are looking for a convertible car seat that is feature-filled and affordable, then the Graco Extend 2Fit convertible car seat is perfect for you. Thanks to the four-position feature, users can extend the seat as much as they want to obtain as much as legroom they want.
Any child under the age of two can enjoy the comforts and happiness the Graco Extend 2Fit convertible car seat has to offer. This car seat is very different compared to other car seats available in the entire market.
The parents can purchase the Graco Extend 2Fit convertible car seat in two different modes:
1) Rear-positioned mode
2) Front-positioned mode.
The Extend 2Fit is certified as a comfortable and reliable car seat for your child. Plus, it is very easy to get your child inside and out from the seat. Thanks to the LATCH feature, it is very easy to install this convertible car seat.
- The back-facing mode helps your child to stay focused and comfortable even on long car rides.
- The seat cover can be easily removed and washed. The Graco Extend 2Fit has passed all of the safety tests.
- Contains two cup holders. Thanks to the free harness storage feature, it is easy to get your child out and in the car seat.
- Has a steel-reinforced structure
- Contains three different extension panels that offer five inches worth of legroom
- Very comfortable and easy to place in the car
- Has six different reclining positions
- The cup holders are not already attached
- Very heavy
5. Britax Frontier Clicktight Combination Harness- 2-Booster Car Seat
When it comes to the most amazing convertible car seat appropriate for small cars, then it is the Britax Frontier Clicktight Combination Harness 2-Booster Car seat.
This car seat is ideal for children older than two years. The front-facing harness feature is best for children under 90 pounds, and the belt-adjusting feature is perfect for children heavier than 120 pounds.
Thanks to the click tight feature, it is very easy to install this convertible car seat in a small car. The steel structure maintains the integrity of the seat and protects it from damages. With just the push of a button, you can change the height of the seat.
Plus, it is a piece of cake to remove the seat and to clean it. The two cup holders are also an additional benefit for the toddlers, and they are attached to the seat permanently.
- It contains technology that is best for both kids and toddlers.
- The Frontier Click Tight Harness is available in seven unique colors.
- It features adjustable positioning harnesses for achieving the perfect height. The seat is built from high-end fabric and offers comfort.
- The seat is filled with EPP foam.
- High-quality production
- The front-facing reclining positions offer comfort for the kid
- It is very easy to install and to use
- Safety of the child is guaranteed
- Very easy to clean
- A bit expensive
- Some users have found it troublesome to adjust the harness
- The cup holders are not removable
6. Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
The thought of buying a comfortable car seat is associated with buying something that lasts for a long time and offers maximum comfort to your child. Considering the quality and numbers of features is very important.
Well, if you want something that suits all of the lines mentioned above and requirements, then the Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 convertible car seat is what you need.
This car seat contains all of the needed features that are required for a child to have a good time during a long drive. Other than that, this convertible car seat is best for children who are less than 120 pounds.
- The Front-facing mode is ideal for children who are less than 65 pounds.The rear-facing mode is ideal for children who are less than 40 pounds.
- Contains a steel-reinforced structure that offers maximum strength and durability.The EPS power absorbing system makes sure that your child sits perfectly.
- This convertible car seat is crash certified to meet the requirements of the US child safety standards.
- It is easy to convert between the two modes
- Offers extensive rear-positioning
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean
- The headrest creates problems
- Very heavy
- The fabric is not easy to sit on
- It is difficult to tighten the harness
7. Eddie Baur XRS 65 Convertible Car Seat
The Eddie Baur XRS 65 is designed especially for small cars, but it can also be used in big cars. This car seat is known to be very reliable and contains plenty of useful features.
The Eddie Baur XRS 65 convertible car seat has been certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to be a safe and comfortable car seat for children.
This car seat is two-in-one and contains a rear-facing feature for children who are less than 65 pounds. When it comes to the installation process, it is very easy to install and to use. This seat is built from soft and comfortable foam, plus it is very lightweight, and that makes it appropriate for airplane use as well.
- It is specially designed for children who are less than 65 pounds.
- It is easy to install this seat thanks to the LATCH feature.
- Contains a removable cup holder
- Adjustable support
- Removable cup holder
- Offers removable headrest
- Contains side-impact safety feature
- It is a bit difficult to install
- Cannot be used with strollers
8. Disney APT Convertible Car Seat
Who doesn’t love Disney? Yes, we all do. Imagine how much your children will love having a Disney themed convertible car seat for them.
The Disney APT convertible car seat comes with a very attractive Mickey/Minnie mouse design which does not just attract the children, but also the parents. With the Disney APT convertible car seat, the parents can have a proper guarantee that their children are safe and enjoying their place.
This car is seat is best for fitting children that are less than 40 pounds. The weight of the seat is not that much, which makes it a very comfortable and portable seat to take with anywhere you go. Thanks to the LATCH function, it is easy to install this seat and set it for forward and rear-facing functions within seconds.
The Disney APT is certified from the Federal Aviation Administration for being used in the airplane. What’s more? This convertible car seat contains two cup holders who are appropriate for holding anything your child has with him/her.
- The Disney APT convertible car seat comes with a LATCH feature which makes it easy to get installed.
- It is certified from the FAA for airplane use.It contains a side-impact safety feature.
- The five-position harness feature makes sure that the child is seated with proper adjustments.
- Reasonably priced
- Contains removable cup holders
- Offers safety for airplane use
- Comes with additional Disney gifts
- It is not sturdy enough
9. Graco Size4Me 65 Convertible Car Seat Featuring RapidRemove
If you want a perfect convertible car seat that comes under a reasonable price, then the Graco Size4Me 65 convertible car seat is the best one for you. It contains several amazing features, and it is hard to believe that its price is so reasonable.
This convertible seat can hold a rear-positioning child who is less than 40 pounds and the front-facing child who is less than 65 pounds. As your child grows, the car seat will not run out of room, you can easily extend its harness to fit your child perfectly.
The very amazing InRight LATCH feature helps make it easy to install and uninstall this car seat very quickly. This car seat also contains cup holders which can be removed any time you want.
- The Graco Size4Me 65 is available in three unique colors.
- The LATCH feature makes it easy to install and uninstall this car seat.
- The seat cover is easily removable and machine- washable.
- With the EPS foam quality, your child will be secure and safe.
- The side impact protection has made this car seat the best for everyone.
- It is very lightweight
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to install and uninstall
- Very heavy
10. Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat
The Evenflo Tribute LX convertible car seat comes with a variety of different stunning features. This convertible car seat also contains EPS foam, and that is considered to be a very important feature. With the five-point harness system, it is easy to get your child in and out of the seat.
It is easy to install the forward and rear-positioning modes. The pad of this convertible seat is easily washable as well. This seat also contains a removable cup holder in which your child can hold snacks, drinks, and toys.
- The Tribute LX has passed all of the safety standards.
- Contains the five-point harness feature that four different shoulder band positions.
- This convertible car seat is available in six different colors.
- The rear and front positioning are amazing
- Reasonably priced
- Built from high-end technology
- It is not a portable car seat
Buyers Guide of Convertible Car Seat for Small Cars
When it comes to purchasing the best convertible car seat for small cars, there are a lot of aspects that one needs to consider. A convertible car seat offers a lot of benefits, and it can be used to seat an infant and a toddler.
Some convertible seats are designed to fit two-year-old as well, which can turn out to be a bit expensive but are totally worth every single penny. However, if you own two cars, then it is best to purchase two convertible car seats because the trouble of transferring the seats can be a lot to deal with.
Features to Look for In a Convertible Car Seat
The best part about owning a convertible car seat is that every car seat is certified from all the standards of safety. On the other hand, some high-end convertible car seats offer over-the-top features and are budget-friendly.
Following are some features that you need to consider when purchasing a convertible car seat.
Easy Installation: Some car seats can be installed with the LATCH system, while some are installed with the typical seat-belt system. But the LATCH system offers much more ease of installation that the typical method.
Used vs. new car seats: If you are thinking to purchase a used car seat, then don’t. Used car seats are not certified from the standards of safety and might have gone through a lot of incidents from the previous owners. So, the best thing to do is to buy a brand-new convertible car seat that fits all the safety standards.
Safety Features: Some car seats contain built-in positioning systems that indicate the right installation of the seat.
The Fabric: Do not look for a fashionable fabric, look for a durable fabric that is soft, and offers comfort to your baby.
The size: Convertible car seats come in a variety of different shapes and sizes.
If you consider the following features when purchasing a convertible car seat, you can definitely end up with the right product.
Other than that, you must make sure that you consider your budget as a priority as well. Some car seats are uselessly expensive and do not even offer many features, whereas some are affordable and feature-filled as well.
Also, do not forget to consider the products that we discussed in the beginning. Each and every one of these products are filled with a lot of features and are reasonably priced.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I maintain my convertible car seat?
Car seats do not last for a long time, they expire within ten years. Search for a convertible car seat model that tells you all the details about the manufacturer and the warranty.
When it comes to the cleaning process, keep the car seat in a dry place when you are not using it. Never use bleach or other chemicals to clean the car seat. Other than that, do not wash the harness or other add-ons f the convertible car seat in a washing machine.
How many safety choices do I have?
Feature-vise, there are a lot of options for safety when it comes to convertible car seats. There are three types of safety choices:
- Booster seats for the children who are a bit bulky or tall to fit into the car seat.
- Rear-positioning for children who are under two years.
- Forward-positioning mode for children who are older than two years.
Is it okay to transfer the car seat frequently?
It can be quite troublesome to transfer the car seat from one place to another. However, if you own tow cars, then it is best to buy two convertible car seats. This will save you the trouble of transferring one seat to another car. Both of your cars will have convertible car seats, and you can travel in any car you want without having to worry about the ease of your child.
How to make sure if the car seat is installed properly?
There are two ways to install a car seat; the seat belt method or the LATCH system. To make sure if the car seat is tightly installed, just position your hand in the car seat and press it down to get the excess air out of the seat’s foam. After that, tighten the seat belt or LATCH system again. Once the car seat is in its place and tight enough, just glance at the angle pointer to make sure that the angle of height is perfect.