The crib is a bed for infant also known as cot, cradle, and stock in some countries around the world. It is specially designed for infants or for children up to 2 years.
People do all the possible things to welcome their new family member and try to prepare a comfortable and spacious nursery. Infants require almost 16 hours of sleep in the early days of birth. Therefore, comfortable cribs only fulfill their needs.
If you are living in a small house or apartment and you don’t have enough space to adjust the crib. Don’t worry; there are different types of cribs available in the market with different sizes and styles. This thing makes the parents get rid of space tensions.
Mini cribs are the best to fit in small spaces. These cribs are smaller in size as compared with standard size cribs.
Different companies offer cribs with different features like wheels to move the crib easily within the home. Some cribs also offer convertible options that allow you to use it as a table for changing the diapers of babies.
These cribs are also available in folding feature to keep and store them with low space. An infant is perfectly adjusted in the small cribs until he/she grows up or starts climbing the rails. Some models have the feature to convertible into toddler’s bed.
But you have to purchase the additional conversion kit at the time of crib purchase. This will take you away from problem if that model discontinues its availability in market.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Cribs for Small Spaces
- 1. Bloom Alma Mini Urban Crib Frame, Cappuccino
- 2. Dream On Me Violet Mini Crib
- 3. Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
- 4. DaVinci Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed
- 5. Babyletto Gelato 2 in 1 Mini Crib
- 6. Dream On Me 4 in 1 Arden Convertible Mini Crib
- 7. Stokke Sleepi Mini Crib
- 8. Child Craft London Convertible Mini Crib
- 9. DaVinci Emily Mini-Crib
- 10. DREAM ON ME JAYDEN COMBO
- Buyers Guide for Best Cribs for Small Spaces
- Frequently Asked Questions
10 Best Cribs for Small Spaces
In this article, we are going to discuss different models of small cribs that will help you to find the best crib for your baby.
1. Bloom Alma Mini Urban Crib Frame, Cappuccino
Bloom Alma Mini Urban Crib Frame is famous for its really small size that is only 36.5” wide. It is one of the smallest and stylish cribs available in the market. Another amazing feature of this product is that you can also use it as a bassinet.
This mini crib comes with large wheels and has the feature to lock the wheels to avoid any problem happens with sliding.
You can move it from one room to another with wheels easily. Moreover, this crib offers the collapsible function; you can easily remove the trunk from the wheels and carry it with you while visiting your relatives or friends.
- Adjustable mattress levels allow you to adjust the level as per your needs. This will make your baby sleep on same bed level as yours or below than it.
- The portable feature facilitates you to carry it with you anywhere you want by easily removing the trunk from frame and wheels.
- Its small size allows you to move it easily even through small doorways or put it with small space. You can also fold it and put it under your bed when it is out of use.
- Lockable wheels
- Available in different colors
- Easy to assemble
- Expensive model
2. Dream On Me Violet Mini Crib
Dream on me violet mini crib is made up of solid wood with a smooth finish that makes it look beautiful. This crib offers convertible option.
You can convert it to infancy or toddlerhood feature. It also offers you to use it as a daybed or a twin bed but with extra cost to purchase conversion kit. However, you have to buy a mattress as per the size you want to use.
This crib comes with multiple height adjustment options to ensure the safety of your infant. This product is safe for use and constructed purely with natural wood. It is free from heavy metals like mercury or lead.
- This product is more stylish among other cribs available in the market. It uses solid natural wood with high-quality finishes.
- It is available in two different colors; you have to choose from black and French white as per your requirements.
- It is equipped with all the necessary tools required to assemble the crib, so you don’t need to buy the tool kit separately.
- Chemical-free material
- Meets the ASTM and CPSC standards
- Multiple mattress level adjustments
- Heavy to move around
3. Delta Children Portable Mini Crib
Delta Children Portable Mini Crib is the best among portable mini cribs. This product facilitates you with flat folding option to store in small space.
This product comes with built-in caster wheels that allow you to move this crib easily in the home. Its small size allows you to fit within small spaces and easily moveable through narrow spaces.
This mini crib offers 1” thick mattress pad made up of solid hardwood; facilitate you with the changeable mattress position. This will allow you to use it as a bassinet, playpen, or diaper changer as well.
- Available in three different colors, allow you to choose the color as match with your interior and adds an elegant look in the room.
- Built-in caster wheels allow you to move it easily from one room to another, and its small size goes through narrow spaces and doorways easily.
- This crib is easy to fold and allow you to keep it in a small space and also to use its convertible option for different purposes.
- Nontoxic material
- 1” thick mattress pad
- Adjustable mattress level
- Flexible to use as a bassinet
- Wheels are not lockable
4. DaVinci Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed
DaVinci Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib and Twin Bed is a perfect design with small size. The soft and subtle curves provide you the stylish look. This product offers four mattress level adjustments that you can use as per your requirement.
This product grows with your baby and enables you to convert this mini crib into a twin bed. However, the conversion kit is sold separately and not included in crib packing.
DaVinci Kalani 2-in-1 Mini Crib is provided with 1” thick mattress in its packing. This will provide your baby extra comfort during everyday use. You may use extra thick mattress to add the comfort for your baby.
- This mini crib is available in five different colors that allow you to choose the best color match with your room interior.
- This crib is made up of 100% sustainable pine wood from New Zealand and free from all-hazard materials harmful for health of your baby.
- It is available with four mattress positions adjustable as per the growth of your baby, allow you to use it as a twin bed.
- 1” thick mattress is included
- Stylish design
- 2 in 1, mini crib and twin bed
- Premium quality
- Wheels are not included
5. Babyletto Gelato 2 in 1 Mini Crib
Babyletto Gelato beautifully designed this 2 in 1 mini crib. This mini crib provides with easy access to lower base as well as the mattress. It is considered as one of the best mini cribs available in the market.
A lot of people from around the world like this product over internet and it is one of the top-selling brands.
The soft and the stylish rails on sides will retain your baby to fall out of it and keep him/her safe overnight. This mini crib also offers a convertible option like other cribs.
- Premium quality material is used in this mini crib with convertible options to use as a toddler bed, twin bed, or crib. Depending on your needs.
- The mattress board is made up of cardboard material, and also the mattress is included in packing.
- Side railings are high enough to keep your baby safe inside it while playing at day time or sleeping at night time.
- Available in four colors
- Elegant look
- Fine quality finishing
- Mattress level is not adjustable
6. Dream On Me 4 in 1 Arden Convertible Mini Crib
Dream on Me 4 in 1 Arden Convertible Mini Crib is made with solid wood, and its design is perfect for nursery themes. Rails on the sides ensure the safety of your baby. This crib offers 4 in 2 convertible options that allow you to use it as per your needs.
This mini crib packing is provided with all the necessary tools used to assemble the crib with user manual. Its durable material and lightweight design allow you to move in the room as per your needs easily.
- This crib supports the weight of 20 pounds, and you can upgrade the weight supported slates as your baby gains more weight.
- You can adjust the mattress height as per your requirements with the help of two mattress height adjustment options.
- This product allows you to change the side railing height up to 3 steps as per your requirement.
- Standard size bed frame
- Solid wood material
- Included tool kit
- Hard to assemble
7. Stokke Sleepi Mini Crib
Stokke Sleepi Mini Crib is an expensive but amazing product. If you can spend a good budget in your baby’s crib. Then you must have to purchase this one. This crib offers you mattress adjusting options up to 3 steps to ensure the safety of your baby.
This crib allows you to move it with built-in lockable wheels. This crib is made up of solid beech laminate, solid beach wood, and beech plywood.
High-quality water-based glue is used for joining. Length of this crib is adjustable, and you can make it long up to 67.6 inches, with the increase in the height of your baby, with the help of extensions.
- Modern and unique oval shape design and a canopy provide a stylish look that will increase the elegance of your room.
- This crib is expandable and allows you to extend it as per your requirement with the help of an extension.
- High-quality lockable wheels are included that allow you to move it easily anywhere in your home or room.
- Mattress and drapery rod included in the packing
- Four mattress level adjustments
- Canopy style
- High-quality material
- Assembling and extension is complicated
8. Child Craft London Convertible Mini Crib
Child Craft London Convertible Mini Crib is another small size crib with a length of 43.3”. It has a small difference in size as compared to the standard size of crib. This crib is ideal for twin babies. The crib offers the unique feature of spring base while most of the cribs use flimsy boards as base.
This crab offers the convertible option to twin bed, or a mini crib allows you to adjust it as per your requirement and growth of baby.
- A wire spring base for mattress support provides your baby with an extra comfort level. This will let your baby sleep with more comfort.
- Solid wooden material is used in manufacturing this crib to provide you the best quality and durability that increases the trust.
- A good quality three inches mattress is included in the packing adjustable with all converting options.
- Easy to assemble
- Mattress height adjustments
- Without wheels
9. DaVinci Emily Mini-Crib
DaVinci is famous for making the superb cribs. This Emily mini crib comes with perfect dimensions of 38” x 28” x 28”, a perfect combination of dimensions for small spaces. It offers three mattress adjustment levels, the higher one with eye level to take care of your infant properly.
This mini crib supports the weight up to 50 lbs. This is long enough that your baby can sleep in it up to 2 years of age. It is also lightweight and easily moveable from one room to another.
- It is made of fine and solid quality of material and supports your baby weight up to 50 lbs. That is much more than any other crib.
- You can adjust the mattress level in different positions with the highest position at eye level. This is especially for infants.
- This crib allows you to convert it in twin beds with the help of rails. These are not included in packing, so you have to buy it separately.
- Nontoxic material
- Included 1-inch waterproof changing pad
- Low budget
- The mattress is not included
10. DREAM ON ME JAYDEN COMBO
Dream on me Jayden combo is a beautiful mini crib with changing table option. It is a multipurpose mini crib especially designed for mini spaces. This mini crib comes with curved lines, and on the right-side changer is attached.
This mini crib offers 4 in 1 conversion options. It also allows converting it in daybed or twin bed with or without the footboard. As usual conversion kit is not available in packing. Solid pine wood is used in its manufacturing with different colors, i.e. black, espresso, natural wood, cherry, and white.
- Four convertible options allow you to use it for multipurpose. These options are crib, daybed, twin bed with footboard and twin bed without footboard.
- 100% non-toxic material is used in manufacturing and tested for all government safety standards.
- It can allow you to sleep your child in it up to the weight of 40 lbs. That is enough more than the other cribs offer.
- Available in different colors
- Made up of solid pine wood
- Three mattress level adjustments
- Detachable side changer
- The mattress is not available
Buyers Guide for Best Cribs for Small Spaces
If you are expecting and a little member is going to add to your family. You have to make some preparations to welcome him/her. The crib is one of the most important products for newborn babies that adds comfort and let them grow properly with proper rest.
If you are living in a small house and you are confused about how to make a place for a baby crib in little space. Then you have to go for a mini crib. This will facilitate you with all types of features depending on the model and brand.
Mini cribs are known as space savers and specially designed for this purpose. These provide something more than a place for sleep.
Different types of cribs are available in the market with different modern features. For example: convertible to different positions, foldable, portable, adjusting options for different components of a crib, etc.
A mini crib facilitates you and your baby with all the features you need same like the standard size cribs. It is perfect for small space and is small in size; everything else is like standard size cribs.
If you are going to buy a crib, then you must be aware of different features that a good crib supports. You have to go for a mini crib if you are facing low space to place, as we discussed earlier.
In this buying guide, we are going to discuss different features and options to help you in buying the crib. This will help you in the perfect selection of crib.
Size and Weight
If you are going to buy a mini crib, the size does matters because the purpose of this selection is to save the space and facilitate your infant with good environment.
Measure your space area in the room and compare the measurements with a crib for the perfect selection of crib. You can also go for tiny cribs that are foldable when not in use.
Similar to size measurements, weight also has an impact on the selection of crib. If you want to put it on the same place forever or with low movements you may go for heavy cribs. But if you want to move it frequently, then you must go for a lightweight crib. Wheels in the crib added a tremendous feature that will help you to move them easily.
Different brands are selling cribs with convertible option to different shapes like changer table, twin bed, bassinet, etc. This will help you to change the length of the crib with the increase in the height of your baby. Many brands offer to facilitate the baby up to three years of age and up to 20 lbs. of weight.
Some brands also offer to convert cribs into twin beds or toddlers bed. This will happen with the help of extensions or conversion kits that are available as a separate item.
If you are going to buy a convertible mini crib, then must buy an extension or conversion kit at the same time because there are chances for unavailability of that model at a later time.
However, mini convertible cribs are expensive, but they are useful for more time with little space.
Some other features
Mini cribs come with a bunch of features that make them amazing. These cribs offer mattress height adjustment options to ensure the safety of your infants.
Offer different height levels, you try to go for more adjusting levels that will also provide you with an eye-level height of your infant. This will ease you while taking care of your infant at night time.
Some cribs also provide mattress within the packing while others are not. Range of color options, the inclusion of tool kit, the base material of the mattress, type of material used in frame, wheels inclusion with lockable features and easy assembling are some key features. You have to keep all these in mind before buying and also to remain in your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do mini cribs are convertible?
Yes, but you have to buy the extensions or conversion kit as a separate item at the same time. Because this will help you want to avoid unavailability of the product in the future.
How long my kid will be able to use this mini crib?
Normally, these mini cribs allow using up to three years of age depending on the height of your baby and up to 40 lbs of weight.
Are these mini cribs foldable?
Yes, many brands offer folding option to facilitate you with low space requirement or narrow places. These are lightweight also for easy handling.
Are these portable?
Yes, different portable cribs are available that allow you to remove the trunk from the base easily. You can take it with you while going out easily.
Mini cribs are perfect for low spaces as well as for long-time use. We have discussed almost every angle of the perfect mini cribs.
By keeping all these things in mind, you have to go for the best cribs we mentioned above for the safety and comfort of your kid. This will let your baby grow properly by providing the proper rest they need.